Data Symposium 2006 – Summary
On Tuesday, October the 17th,2006, the 4th year of Data Symposium, a leading full-day conference in a field of IT, took place in Corinthia Towers hotel in Prague. The Data Symposium, a prestigious event with international participants, attracts more and more IT professionals specialized in data integration, data quality and data warehousing. An increasing number of reputable attendees confirms that the Data Symposium is driving the latest trends in the industry. Data Symposium 2006 attendees highly appreciated the keynote given by Stephen Brobst, a charismatic speaker and visionary. His keynote introduced the future of data integration and data warehousing, some of his visions were demonstrated by real applications. Conference attendees also benefited from a panel discussion and real case studies provided by leading banking, insurance and telecommunications specialists.
Stephen Brobst Biography
- “I was extremely impressed with Olivia Parr-Rud’s approach to companies successes in general and the benefits of the use of psychology and management knowledge. Additionally, I really enjoyed the case studies demonstrating that all implementers of Data Warehousing and Data Mining solutions are facing the same problems as we do. Panel discussions with active inputs of both panelists and attendees were also of excellent quality,” Iva Šlegrová, IT Architecture Specialist, Czech Telecom
- “I attend Data Symposium every year. This year the Symposium was oriented more strategically. I think it represents a current direction in our industry – moving from technological to strategic problems, ” Pavol Horanský, Head of DWH, Tatra banka
- “The Quality of the Data Symposium is markedly increasing year by year. There were many speakers and attendees, who have a deep knowledge of the industry, taking part in this year conference. All of them were able to exchange and share their experiences without any barriers,” Luboš Mrázek, Head of BI Department, eBanka
- “Data Symposium was a huge success. I most enjoyed Olivia’s speech, which was focused on the success factors of Business Intelligence implementation. I also liked the concrete case studies from practice, ” Anna Borovská, IT Architecture Manager, Czech Telecom
Number of attendees:
- 193 (customers)
64 (journalists, special guests from partners – Oracle,
Microsoft, Teradata, Reporters, Adastra)
- Management and Government Officials, CIOs and IT Directors, IT Specialists, DW/BI Directors, Managers and Executives, IT/IS Development, Operations and Testing Directors, Managers and Executives Data Mining Specialists
- DW Club (www.dwklub.cz) is an independent body of DW/BI professionals in CR and SR.
- Adastra Corporation is an international consultant providing leading software solution for your business.
- The mission of Microsoft is to enable all people and companies throughout the whole world to utilize their full potential.
- Oracle's business is information – how to manage it, use it, share it, protect it. The world's largest enterprise software company, Oracle is the only vendor to offer solutions for every tier of your business-database, middleware, business intelligence, business applications, and collaboration. With Oracle, you get information that helps you measure results, improve business processes, and communicate a single truth to your constituents.
- Teradata, a division of NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR), is the global technology leader in enterprise data warehousing, analytic applications and data warehousing services.
- From its foundation in 2005 REPORTERS focus on areas of business intelligence – reporting and performance management. REPORTERS have enclosed partnership with Cognos and offer its customers services of certified Cognos professionals.